Light-O-Rama Forums

big time lesson learned.

Cdanna77

when everyone here says to BACK UP your sequences. They mean it!!!

My hard drive crashed on my laptop and the show was over. but Thank fully at least I backed up this years show so I had that. But all my others that were works in progress and the ones people shared are all gone. So please learn from me and BACK UP YOUR SEQUENCES...including the audio.

Merry Christmas to all.

Thanks for the VERY important reminder.  Sometimes we get so caught up in life that we forget these things..  Best of luck with getting it all back.

R

My sequences go on Dropbox, MS Onedrive, a thumbdrive and when finished, the entire show is backed up on a DVD. If I lose one PC, I can pull them up on another. I even backup the visualizations and Superstar sequences.

I've always said, you can never have enough back-ups.

• Like 1

Thanks Ron. I'm going to implement multiple back up locations from here on in.

Thanks for the VERY important reminder. Sometimes we get so caught up in life that we forget these things.. Best of luck with getting it all back.

R

No prob. I just want others to realize the importance of IT CAN/and prob will happen to you scenario. At least this yrs show was backed up. So I'm able to continue but I could have been devastating.

Not only do I have copies on a couple of flash drives, I also have a backup computer, fully programmed and ready to run other than copying the flash drive files into the backup machine and usually the machine is already updated too.

• Like 1

Not only do I have copies on a couple of flash drives, I also have a backup computer, fully programmed and ready to run other than copying the flash drive files into the backup machine and usually the machine is already updated too.

How do you keep the network adapters straight? They have a different com assignment on each pc.

In switching a computer out in case of a failure, the ports have to be reconfigured via the HWU but that's easy and only takes moments. For E1.31, just plug it into the switch and all done!