Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Mini Trees for next Year

steveV967

Hi guys, this was my first year with LOR controllers and like most others (if not all) here I'm planning bigger and better for next year. 

One of the things I'd like to look into is creating 9 or so Mini trees with RGB (this year I had 4 with the mfg supplied incandescent bulbs).

I have a couple of questions I was hoping you guys could give me opinions on.

1. Do you like using purchased Spiral trees to rewire or tomato cages?

2. What lights do most people use on the 3' trees. Dumb RGB most likely, but what size is best?

3. About how many lights should I plan on per tree?

Thanks again for any comments.

Steve

Plasmadrive thanks for all that! Nice job.

Walmart website isn't giving prices for it, but I know what to look for now. I'm curious, why did you want just the star shells when they already came with RGB inside?

Steve

Because I segmented them into five separate pixels sections.. the ones with the pixels inside are all on whatever color you choose but don't give the segmented look I wanted.

Plasmadrive

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure I'll bring it to that level of control. Lol. Yet!

Flanders

From my research on the forums the past couple of months a lot of people use Ray Wu he has good prices and seems to work with everyone really well.

]I put together 18 mini trees with some dumb pixels on the tree and on a star.  Both the tree frames and star frames came from 3g creations and are powder coated green and built to last.  I then wrapped them with some garland from big lots. Here's a photo of a few of them. 

post-349-0-01333900-1419177300_thumb.jpg

Plasmadrive, I really like your mini trees. Im trying to put all things together and just curious a round about price for all the trees you did. The effects are really cool and would add a lot to the show.

Plasmadrive, I really like your mini trees. Im trying to put all things together and just curious a round about price for all the trees you did. The effects are really cool and would add a lot to the show.

Don't really know the cost.. I don't keep track.    Glad you like the effects.. Thanks.

Is it because of the quality or is he the best priced?

I deal with Ray for price, and that he stands behind his stuff.  Sometimes his stuff is crap.. but he makes good.   Also, he will work with me on specials.  like those stars.. I wanted them blank and he sold them to me that way..

What size controller are you using? I didn't see it on your list of supplies.

the DIYC Bridge and Pixel Extenders .. they are on the list