Light-O-Rama Forums

Visualizer not showing animation, troubleshooting included

mikeg

I have made a ticket for this as well, but if anyone has thoughts on how to fix this I would greatly appreciate it.  I searched the forums and used that knock out the common issues.

I have 3.9.0 basic plus, licensed.  I used to run on an old windows xp laptop but that was given to my son, so I installed the software suite on my windows 8 pc.  I have been unable to get the SE and visualizer to work together to see the animations.  Visualizer is set to 127.0.0.1:30303 and same for the SE.  I do have Control Visualizer set in the SE.  I hit play (or Simulation Mode) in Vis, hit play in SE.  Nothing happens in vis while the sequence plays.  I thought it may be a channel issue between them so I loaded the tutorial in each and nothing animates in the vis while the sequence plays in SE.

​I also tried running both applications as administrator.  I changed the vis to use the nic and used the same internal ip (192.168.1.10) in SE with no change.  Tried other ports, no change.

​I ran rawcap to monitor the loopback device and I do see the packet count increase as I play the sequence and stop increasing when I click stop. 

​Any suggestions?

I have the same probelm.  Lights not showing on visualizer except for a few times here and there.  I started a ticket and the only two responses I have received from the support desk is to start over and go by the tutorial, which I have done.  The second response was "START FROM SCRATCH".  Well, I did and it has not gotten me anywhere.  I know that they can do remote sessions and wish that they would just do that for mine.  10 days for xmas and I don't have much time left, nor patience.

I don't mean to ask a demeaning question, but have both you guys created fixtures and props for your display and then imported those into the Visualizer?

In addition to the props having the same channel assignment, the Visualizer works best when the channel NAME is exactly the same in both the sequence and the Vis.

I actually got it resolved last night but since it was the 1st post, it had to be approved and I was unable to remove it.  I would have responded earlier but I am still setting stuff up due to delays from work schedule.  

Lesson was, reboot machine.  Everything worked fine after that.

Thanks though!