Light-O-Rama Forums

I'm hooked

Ballmiester

This was my first season and with much help from everyone here my show has been up and running for a couple weeks now but I think I have an addiction because as much as I love my show all I can think of is how much better and bigger I can go next year

Well sounds like your joined the SUCKERS crowd. We all start off with our first year. Next thing you know you will start to figure out how many lights filling your gas tank or taking the kids to Micky Ds cost in lights. It just sucks you into spending more and more on lights, controllers, inflatables and other decorations. :D

Yeah I am in same boat. Went to store for milk. Came home with a 60ct roll of c9 LEDs to replace some c7s I just didn't like and a 7 foot cone twinkling tree from big lots which I bought just for the frame. Loaded it up with my own LEDs and had to go out and plug it in and rearrange a few props. At 9pm of course. Lol. Not sure what to do with the set of 140 twinkling lights that came with the frame. I have a roof idea for them but maybe next year.

So yea I know your feeling of wanting to just go crazy and bigger all the time. Lol

Edited by Aaeolien

Happens to us all, worse thing for me is every time I listen to music, any music, all I see is synchronized lights in my head.

Geesh, I need help or maybe I am just beyond help.

The best part was getting my wife on board.  She's pushing to do it up bigger next year more-so than I am (probably a lie, but close). 

• Like 1

I am with you...  planning to use my controllers and CMB24D in DMX mode using lightsjams for a dance at the school (I try to DJ, but the kids like it)...  ahhh, so many things you can use controllers for..  :)

And also planning for next year.... hmmmmm  pixels :wacko:

All these posts sound very familiar, we ordered 20,000 led m-5 ice lights from Cdi in march and them decided to try 3,500 rgb lights also. The rgb took a big toll on time and still have 12,000 led's in boxes for next year..