Light-O-Rama Forums

what to do with a medium sized tree

craigecooper

I'm stumped on how to integrate the tree I have.  It's about a 20' pear tree but narrow all the way up.  I don't have yard space to ignore it and do a real mega-tree so i need to incorporate it, somehow.  It's at the point where it's too large to wrap lights around (easily) and make it look good.  PVC up the middle of it to route lights over like a mega tree ?   Probably not easily done around the branches but the only thing i have come up with so far.  

thanks,

Craig

I have three of the pear trees in my front yard.  They are a pain to wrap around.  This year I got a long pole with a hook on the end and just went up and down vertically with the lights and worked my way around.  I have to say it went fairly easy and much quicker than last year and I think it I was able to fill in the lights a bit tighter then wrapping horizontal. The higher the tree the longer the pole with a hook required.  Once you get to the top just slide the lights off the hook and onto a branch.   I thought about the mega tree design but the branches made it difficult.

I use a painting pole with an open end wrench zip tied to the end.  It does work great but the tree is too tall now to make that practical.  Cutting it down would result in an expensive divorce.  

• The topic was locked