Light-O-Rama Forums

Something very bad is happening (1/2 resolved)

Christmas_time_karl_UK

Last night ALL of my LOR2 shows were working fine but they stopped 30mins early than what had been set on the schedule editor.... all LOR boards had steady red lights and the control panel said shows were enabled.

Now tried talking my mum through how to use windows let alone LOR to get her to change the schedule from 4pm to 12pm (midday) to start a test to see what happens. She said she clicked save on the schedule editor....

Then apparently the scheduled start time was still 4pm not 12pm as we wanted....

Just wondering whats going on with the show ending 30 mins early and a potential problem starting up.

Right update: Shows were left enabled and were apparently supposed to start at 4pm and NOTHING happens, no lights or sound. The LOR board LED'S glow happily steady on but nothing :-(

Tried disabling and enabling shows but nothing. They did work fine yesterday despite cutting out 30 mins early then scheduled.

I am away from home so I only have parents to talk through on the phone and when the wireless network works (temperamental) I have remote access of show pc!! So I can still save the christmas display. I just need support.

I beg thee for solutuions or suggestions or comments! Anything.

Thankyou very much

Karl - At Uni and worried about his LOR show :-(

Just a long shot.... did you try running the utility? make sure the computer sees them???

Thinking....................xp? Vista?98?

Did you add a new sequence to the show?

In fact, has anything (to your knowledge) changed at all since you began?

Did it ever run as expected before this?

Charlie

Running XP. I now have control over the pc from university as parents just setup a permanent lan connection under my instruction so I will run it through utility.

Joe V wrote:

Just a long shot.... did you try running the utility? make sure the computer sees them???

Thinking....................xp? Vista?98?

No new sequences, I created a show of 12 sequences that did run fine but ended after several hours after the 12th sequence had finished and then it didnt restart up. (Finished 30 mins short of scheduled time.)

So to answer your question my friend, it ran once as expected except ending 30mins to early...

Push Eject wrote:

Did you add a new sequence to the show?

In fact, has anything (to your knowledge) changed at all since you began?

Did it ever run as expected before this?

Charlie

Just to update lights swtich on via utility program...but one board isnt lighting a few channels.....interesting. Bug? testing fuses now.

Please carry on helping me I am desperate.

Thankyou very much

Karl

ANYONE PLEASE :-(

Does that seem like my solution if ive got around 6ish channels which dont even work in the hardware utility? ALL FUSES ARE WORKING. this is interesting and upsetting :-(

thanks everyone so far

evana wrote:

stop all programs. go back into sequences check each sequence. you'll find one that won't stop. had that problem on the 3rd day.

just a thought. and no I didn't change or add anything new.

UPDATE: Managed to get shows starting themselves and repeating. Just opended schedule editor and deleted schedule and recheduled a show and its fine!?

HOWEVER I still have some channels which don't come on in a sequence editor play, actual show, or via hardware utility...

I am now more worried its a hardware fault....

Right solved! 8 channels stopped working on a dual power supply board. Fuses on board are okay and then I realised the plugs have fuses as well. My father checked them both to discover a 3amp fuse instead of a 13 amp fuse :-0 shocking. This was replaced and all is fine.

As for the shows starting and not. Just re-did a schedule and all worked...doesnt explain why it all cut off 30 mins early last night and refused to start today...maybe linked to missing 8 channels??