Light-O-Rama Forums

Show Shutting Down

Stawski

Anyone have any ideas on this one? I have an animated sequence set up to run all lights on in-between, before and after shows. During my show, I have the lights come on for about 20 seconds between each of the 7 songs I have. That seems to work. However, when I try to run another animated sequence for all lights on before and after the show, all 4 controllers shut down (all lights go out) after anywhere from 2 min to 5 min. I can't get it to stay on any longer, it keeps shutting down intermittently. I tried building a new sequence thinking the file was bad, but that didn't work. I had a problem yesterday with a blown fuse so I was thinking maybe I was still a little too high with my amps on one bank but even lowering the intensity on all channels to 50%, my lights still shut off after a few minutes??? Any ideas here?

Stawski wrote:

Anyone have any ideas on this one? I have an animated sequence set up to run all lights on in-between, before and after shows. During my show, I have the lights come on for about 20 seconds between each of the 7 songs I have. That seems to work. However, when I try to run another animated sequence for all lights on before and after the show, all 4 controllers shut down (all lights go out) after anywhere from 2 min to 5 min. I can't get it to stay on any longer, it keeps shutting down intermittently. I tried building a new sequence thinking the file was bad, but that didn't work. I had a problem yesterday with a blown fuse so I was thinking maybe I was still a little too high with my amps on one bank but even lowering the intensity on all channels to 50%, my lights still shut off after a few minutes??? Any ideas here?

I think that the controllers are loosing communication with the PC. This could be caused by something gobbling up resources for a brief time or an actual problem with the network connection ... a wire in the wind...etc.

The controllers have a fail safe where they shut down if communication is lost for more than 2 seconds. This is so that if the PC crashes or hangs, the lights do not get stuck on especially if you are running motors or taking advantage of brief overloads which if you were stuck on would start blowing breakers and fuses.

If it is a comm issue or resource issue it may be difficult to locate. However you can have your lights going from 100% to 99% repeatedly while they are on. This causes commands to be sent all the time to the controllers so that even if there were a brief comm interruption the lights would come back on.