Light-O-Rama Forums

Radio static

craigecooper

This is probably not LOR hardware related at all but you guys are the experts and I'm guessing someone has already dealt with this.  I have 2 LOR 16 channel controllers and 1 RGB Coro North Star.  The star is on the front of the house.  The radio transmitter is indoor next to the basement window above the PC running the above controllers.  The star is introducing static into the audio stream, a lot of it when the white LED's are on strobe effect.  Do I just need to re-locate the transmitter?  or add AC filters of some kind ?

thanks,,

Craig

Craig,

Did you check to see if the audio is getting static before it gets to the transmitter?  You have to determine if the star is causing noise at the computer or transmitter.

Are the transmitter and the star plugs on the same breaker?  If so, change one of them so that they plug into a different circuit. 

I added a boat load of RGB this year, it did reduce my FM transmitting range and caused FM reception inside the house to get static.

Seems to affect lower frequencies.  88.7 shows range reduction, but 100.1 does not.

So perhaps, pick a different frequency.

Tim

Still researching .. thanks for the suggestions.  Turns out it's worse on some car radios parked out front than it is on others.  Our freq's are crowded so I'm not certain I can jump to ~100