Light-O-Rama Forums

pixlite 4 network problem

FSUKatie27

When we power up the pixlite controller, it enters bootloader ok, but when we start working with it, the network cable lights go out and the only way to get the controller working again is to reset it. We tried to update the firmware and the controller cut out on us again. Any thoughts? We've tried multiple network cables and other computers, neither of those seem to be the problem.

Hi Dennis,

I have it connected to my computer with a cat5/5e cable. I fiddled with it again this morning. I can get it into bootloader mode and start updating the firmware, but as soon as I get the "update sent" window, the controller's network lights go out, and I only get the solid red.  Then the only thing left to do is to reset the controller and start again (with the same results). 

I thought it was a problem with the controller, so I ordered a new one, but the new one is doing the same thing, so I think it must be something wrong with a setting on my computer.  I can't possibly have $260 worth of bad controllers, can I?  I bet it's something simple that I'm just overlooking. 

The frustrating thing is that I tested everything inside my house and it worked. It only started doing this after I got all the lights on the house and plugging everything in for final testing.  I now have my house all nice and decorated, but no light show. :(

your running this board in E1-31 right so you have the proper IP address assigned and do you have a network switch between computer and controller and did you configure the board for the type of lights your using.

Yes to E1-31 and proper ip channels. We tested last night using a network switch and that didn't make a difference. The controller was configured properly when we tested our set up, but we can no longer get past the bootloader or loading firmware on either controller. :/ When we try the network connection disconnects and we just get the solid red light (no green) on the controller. It will stay that way (no recognition of network, solid red light) until we reset or force into bootloader mode.