Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence editor to show builder

roha0612

I have got my first show up and running and then realized I have one string addressed wrong in the sequence editor. After I make the changes in the sequence editor do I have to delete the current show and then re-add it or will it pick up the change automatically? Just not sure how the show builder interacts with the sequence editor.

I have got my first show up and running and then realized I have one string addressed wrong in the sequence editor. After I make the changes in the sequence editor do I have to delete the current show and then re-add it or will it pick up the change automatically? Just not sure how the show builder interacts with the sequence editor.

If memory serves when you show is running it might not pick up the changes. You might have to stop/start show to get the changes to take.

If your show is not running then the software will pick up the changes next time it runs.

• 1 month later...

If memory serves when you show is running it might not pick up the changes. You might have to stop/start show to get the changes to take.

If your show is not running then the software will pick up the changes next time it runs.

Actually Don it depends on how you set it up, if you load all the sequences before the show starts, it won't pick up the change when the show is running, but if you load the sequence when needed {not all preloaded before a show starts}, it will pick up the changes the next time that sequence that was changed is loaded again.  If pre-loaded before the show starts, then, yes, you have to stop and restart the show for those changes to take effect.

I know it works as I had a sequence change in a couple of my Christmas sequences in 2014 and was using the pre-load all sequences originally, and using that option the changes never happened, not until I stopped the show and restarted it.  When I changed the option to load each sequence when needed, any changes I made to a sequence during a show, that sequence got updated on the next load of that/those sequence{s} automatically.