Light-O-Rama Forums

Show scheduling ... need help.

NV1985

Is there a way to set up the schedule to start different shows at different times.  

I have it set up like it SHOULD do that, but what happens is if we have technical difficulties and say a show that was supposed to start at 5pm starts a 5:30pm, instead of stopping at 6pm, it will play till 6:30pm...and then the show at 6pm will be 30 minutes behind and so on...and if it was supposed to end at 9pm it won't turn off till 9:30...etc.   

I would rather the show that started late just end, and the new show start on time.  Hope that makes sense.  

This is how its set up currently.  The "lights on" is just our icicles we use like a porch light so we can see when we get home at night lol.  

10849938_1000874229929166_59342290355883

Edited by NV1985

Is there a way to set up the schedule to start different shows at different times.  

I have it set up like it SHOULD do that, but what happens is if we have technical difficulties and say a show that was supposed to start at 5pm starts a 5:30pm, instead of stopping at 6pm, it will play till 6:30pm...and then the show at 6pm will be 30 minutes behind and so on...and if it was supposed to end at 9pm it won't turn off till 9:30...etc.   

I would rather the show that started late just end, and the new show start on time.  Hope that makes sense.  

Just to make sure we are using the correct terminology here:

Show = Created by the Show Editor. Contains musical and/or animation sequences in it.

Schedule = The times the show is to run, as defined in the Schedule Editor.

At the scheduled end of a show, LOR will finish playing a musical sequence. If an animation sequence is running, then it will stop it right then, and move to the shutdown tab, or the next scheduled show. If no show is scheduled next, it will do nothing.

If you have your show scheduled from 5-9, there isn't any reason why it would run past 9:00, unless you have a 30 minute musical sequence. In that case, it would then continue playing that sequence until it is finished. 

[And now I see the other post you made.]

Based on your schedule, the shows should be ending at the times listed.  See above for what the software would do at the end of a show. It would then move on to your next show. Are you saying that your first Sunday show would play past 8pm if you started the show late? 

Are you saying that your first Sunday show would play past 8pm if you started the show late? 

Yes, it was doing that on Friday.  I was thinking it was doing it again now, but I realized its scheduled till 10pm.   But this happened last year too.  And we just kinda manually turned it off, and reset the schedule the next morning.  

That reminds me.  If I tell a show to end immediately (because it running late) and then tell LOR to run schedule (as in it should start the next day)...it will start playing again that same night.   So quite a few times we've just told the schedule to end and left it off till the next morning.  

Edited by NV1985

Do you think I just have to many different schedules, and its messing it up?

Edited by NV1985

Playing Third Show 

According to the graphic you posted earlier, combined with something you removed from a previous post (but was sent to me in email) that's what it *should* be doing right now. Or at least until 2 minutes ago. Arizona ... 9pm hour right now, right?

Okay. Give me more information than "Playing 3rd show." We know that.

That status window give a lot of information. Are you playing a musical sequence right now? If so, is it a looooong sequence?

Its finally playing the ending (shut down song).  

The songs are all about 3-5 min long.   When I scroll the history it does have a lot of playing musical sequence.  

Its finally playing the ending (shut down song).  

So one of two things here.

1) You have a very long musical sequence in your show. Since LOR won't stop a musical sequence in the middle of the song, that song continued playing.

2) The time on your computer is wrong.