Light-O-Rama Forums

3rd Year with new pixel tree

dgrant

Thanks...total spent, I think is around $3500 after 3 years of upgrading this and that.

You forget a zero !?!, ive got more than that in my little display lol

You're going to have to give me some tips on where to put money into a display then. Hell i probably have over $4,000 in mine and it isnt near as nice as yours.

You're going to have to give me some tips on where to put money into a display then. Hell i probably have over $4,000 in mine and it isnt near as nice as yours.

Really? Holly crap, I have less then that and I've got 300 rgb channels and hardware for 144 AC channels

I must be doing something wrong... I've spent over $3,500 this year alone. 40 LOR 10w floods with controllers, cf50ds, holidaycoro 16 ribbon pixel tree, spt (1 mile ++) strobe lights, etc,etc... That is amazing if you put that together for $3,500! Looks great DGrant!

edit- Hats off to holidaysequences!  Pixel tree wouldn't have happened without them.  Or it sure wouldn't have looked as good anyways.. 

Edited by uncledan

I must be doing something wrong... I've spent over $3,500 this year alone. 40 LOR 10w floods with controllers, cf50ds, holidaycoro 16 ribbon pixel tree, spt (1 mile ++) strobe lights, etc,etc... That is amazing if you put that together for $3,500! Looks great DGrant!

edit- Hats off to holidaysequences!  Pixel tree wouldn't have happened without them.  Or it sure wouldn't have looked as good anyways.. 

If I did that I'd be sleeping in the garage lol

Great display, very cool to start seeing the videos of my Frozen mashup popping up. I will tip a cap to holiday sequences as well, working with him was fun.

Great display, very cool to start seeing the videos of my Frozen mashup popping up. I will tip a cap to holiday sequences as well, working with him was fun.

I know I bought the CCR sequence from holidaysequences then converted to pixels and sequenced everything else. I have no clue who all works with them but if you were part of it, Thank You as well! I can personally tell you that I have cars of people waiting to hear both songs from the Frozen movie. Even last last night, the show shut down at 10Pm on schedule and three cars were out there waiting for more Frozen, I talked to all three cars and manually ran both songs for them, then said good night. They were smiling!

1983SS454..  My wife and I have an understanding.  She can buy all the shoes and purses she wants and I can buy all the Christmas stuff I want.  Its a win/win situation.  Luckily she spends way less on shoes and purses than I do on Christmas.  She actually told me to add the pixel tree the week before Halloween.  She has never complained or said anything negative about me spending a small fortune every year for the last decade on Christmas lights.  The only complaint I get is telling me to go to bed at 3 am when I'm sequencing on the computer in the garage.   She's a keeper!

1983SS454..  My wife and I have an understanding.  She can buy all the shoes and purses she wants and I can buy all the Christmas stuff I want.  Its a win/win situation.  Luckily she spends way less on shoes and purses than I do on Christmas.  She actually told me to add the pixel tree the week before Halloween.  She has never complained or said anything negative about me spending a small fortune every year for the last decade on Christmas lights.  The only complaint I get is telling me to go to bed at 3 am when I'm sequencing on the computer in the garage.   She's a keeper!

My problem is christmas lights isn't the only hobby, my big block el Camino can be a money pit as well lol. The wife told me she wanted one of those RGB foam pumpkins arches, so of course I bought the stuff and will be building that lol, then when I start my pixel tree I can say well I made what you wanted lol.

Dgrant really nice display, I like how you did the pixels with start lights also. There is a person local to me who runs a song of his pixel tree then the next song on the AC channels, I like how you did yours much more

• 3 weeks later...

Here, the people are all waiting to see either of the two Frozen songs and I'm hearing that on Facebook, this house is being called the Frozen house! I don't do Facebook but that's what I'm told. I'm so pleased that so many kids are hanging out the windows, singing Let It Go or like when Olaf appears, I hear them saying loudly, "There's Olaf!!!!" Truly the pixel tree and the sequences embedded there from HolidaySequences, is the hit of the show.

awesome job.

my tree has to go and I'm considering RWBG LED's (S.H. color scheme..)vs. pixel tree like yours.

After watching your Frozen House - leaning your way....

Could you provide the complete list of your components used to build?

Can I still use a minidirector or gen3 or something to run show?

or does it have to go through the PC/Laptop to run?

again - awesome - know why the kids love it...

I have an Excel parts list for the pixel tree. PM me your email and I'll send it. I don't know anything about the mini-director as I don't have one, rather I'm running from a PC but the pixel controller is run wirelessly. Next year, I'll make sure the pixel tree is higher so its easier to see from the street.

Edited by dgrant

I have an Excel parts list for the pixel tree. PM me your email and I'll send it. I don't know anything about the mini-director as I don't have one, rather I'm running from a PC but the pixel controller is run wirelessly. Next year, I'll make sure the pixel tree is higher so its easier to see from the street.

Can I ask what is the distance between strips at the top of your pixel tree, and what is the distance at the bottom?  Very nice looking pixel tree.

The rails or channels they are mounted too are butted up against each other so I can't get them any closer. The channel material I think is 1.25 inches wide each and there's 12 of them so the total distance across the top is or should be, 15 inches. I used the channel material as its nice and sturdy for wind reasons.