Light-O-Rama Forums

missing enable icon

michael spencer

can't get enable icon to show. The question is if I uninstall and reinstall as suggested by Tim Fischer will I lose My Music sequencies which have taken me ages to do. I'm getting desperate now.

Many Thanks

I don't think uninstalling and installing the application will delete your sequences. That being said, if your only copy of your sequences you've worked so hard on is in your Light-O-Rama folder, I suggest you drop everything and burn those files on to a CD-R or copy them on to a Flash drive or something! I have backups of my backups!

Like Darryl said, first and foremost you should have your sequences backed up to at least one other source (another machine, CD, whatever).

But you can uninstall and reinstall just fine, without fear of losing your sequences. It would be a pretty rogue installer to take a user's data files and delete them...

But for the problem at hand -- if you select "Light-O-Rama Control Panel" from Start Menu->Light-O-Rama folder, you don't get the bulb icon in the system tray?

-Tim

Uninstalling the program will NOT delete your sequences or your MP3's. However you should definitely have a back up.

CD or DVD is the best or external/network drive, but not just another folder on your PC. Not only is this helpful if you have to uninstall but if your entire computer goes.

Are you running XP or Vista? You may have inadvertantly installed the wrong version or don't have the hardware update. ALthough I don't think either onf of those would cause the "enable shows" not to appear in your menu.

Neil

can't even get the control panel to show ,nor get the LOR tray to open.

LOR Monitor says shows cannot be enabled because of an error. (open of serial port has failed) Looks like my 'switch on' on Thursday is also going to fail.

It must be something I'm doing wrong.

Finally found the Icon it was hidden in the bottom tool bar.

Can now enable the show, however I have music playing but no lights. The lights work in the test Panel. Could it be an intensity setting?

Could be getting nearer to a show on Thursday. (I hope)

michael spencer wrote:

Finally found the Icon it was hidden in the bottom tool bar.

Can now enable the show, however I have music playing but no lights. The lights work in the test Panel. Could it be an intensity setting?

Could be getting nearer to a show on Thursday. (I hope)

Do you get lights working when you play a sequence in the sequence editor (disable shows first) and "control lights" is checked?

If not, you probably have a channel config issue.

-Tim

So the lights never work in the sequence editor or show scheduler, but they do work from the Hardware Utility, is that right?

This really sounds like a mis-configured sequence. Can you post a screen shot of your Channel Property Grid?

I'm just a thick novice. Everything seems fine now, I never Clicked Channel 1 and changed device type to LOR controller, and then autopopulate.

May be I will have a show tomorrow night.

Thanks everyone for their help and time.

Mike.

Excellent! I seem to screw up a channel config every year at first as well. ;)

Thanks for posting your results.

Charlie