Light-O-Rama Forums

Media File Warning

Jordan_USN

Hi All,

I find it more rewarding to start creating my own sequences than purchasing them.  However, as a newbie I have lots to learn. 

I have been reading and more reading.. Including watching the videos.  Nonetheless, I have run into a snag.  I have bought music off of Amazon and it shows to be in MP3 format.  However, when I create a new sequence and import the media file it gives me a warning and tells me that the file can not be converted to the internal LOR format.  I tried to ignore but not having the wave form and the play speed errors don't work and is making this difficult.  I have searched online, help in sequence editor and google but it is mainly about putting it  in MP3 format and nothing about addressing the issue  I am getting. 

I am sure I am missing something.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Edited by Jordan_USN

audacity converts to and from mp3 and .wav plus its free.   Amazon mp3 should work but you either have to put it in the audio folder or specify where it is to the sequence.

not sure why the sequence editor doesn't convert it?  could it be an MP3 that's higher than 128bit? try saving file as    128bit or lower and see it that works or download the free version of Audacity and save the file as a WAV and see if it works that way...

Downloaded audacity and exported as both WAV and MP3 with the same warning message that it can not convert to the internal media file. I have also tried other songs with the same error. 

Hmm, see this link on MP3s on LOR site.   

http://www1.lightorama.com/PDF/Audacity_Lame_128KbpsRevA.pdf

It tells how MP3 should be 128bit.

Try this and worse case maybe re-Install LOR and see if it corrects the problem.

I remember a year or two back someone else had this same error and I believe it  was the bit rate but I could be mistaken.