Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence to chase

misar

I'm new to LOR and I can't figure out how to get a sequence to work how I want, hopefully some one can prod me in the right direction.

I have a string of RGB pixels which I want to light up two pixels on one pixel off ... and have those set to sequence red fade to green fade to white, repeat.   I've been able to get the color changes working more or less ok, but I can't figure out how to get the chase to work.

So essentially what I have now (I'll use K for the black pixel)...

RR K GG K WW K RR K GG K WW ...

after 10 seconds fade

GG K WW K RR K GG K WW K RR ...

after 10 seconds fade

WW K RR K GG K WW K RR K GG ...

etc.

But what I'd really like is..

RR K GG K WW K RR K GG K WW K ...

K GG K WW K RR K GG K WW K RR ...

GG K WW K RR K GG K WW K RR K ...

K WW K RR K GG K WW K RR K GG ...

WW K RR K GG K WW K RR K GG K ...

K RR K WW K GG K RR K GG K WW ...

etc

So essentially every 10 seconds in addition to fading between the colors I want to shift the whole string 1 pixel to the left (so I'm getting equal use out of all of the pixels).   Just having a bear of a time wrapping my head around how I might do that.

I've attached a screenshot of the sequence in LOR as it stands now.   Any hints or pointers are appreciated.

Cheers,

>>>>> Mike <<<<<

P.S.  Is there any way to avoid or minimize the "easter colors" when doing the fades between colors... ie. in this case the display is meant to be red green and white but during the fades we get momentary glimpses of pink and yellow and pale blue as the fades progress.  I understand why it happens in terms of RGB, just wondering if there are any tricks to minimizing it in this circumstance.   The only thing that I've been able to think of is to fade out to black and then fade back in to the color instead of fading directly color to color.

post-15260-0-89675500-1417924286_thumb.j

To create the chase as you show in the picture, I use the paste (multiple) tool - after I create the basic pattern. You can paste multiple both vertical and horizontal to continue the pattern. 

Steve