Light-O-Rama Forums

Singing Christmas Trees

Riker0007

I'm pretty sure I only have room for three 48 inch trees.  Is it better to do one 48 inch one and three 24?  THe street is about 30 feet from where they will be hanging.  I want to get these up soon but need to assemble them and stuck on what to do.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Also of concern is the sequences.  Is it gonna be tuff to cut them down to three; thinking of just buying some for this year.

Cheers and thanks

No singing Christmas tree cops.  

You could have one lead singer (48) and 3 chorus (24),  

Or just have ( 3 ) 48 inch trees.  

Remember ONLY you will know that others have 4 singing trees !

• 2 weeks later...

my house is 12 feet from the street and the trees are on top at about the 40 foot distance. all are 48" and they look fine. my house is real close to the street. here's a video

my house is 12 feet from the street and the trees are on top at about the 40 foot distance. all are 48" and they look fine. my house is real close to the street. here's a video

Very nice and the trees look great.

I want to add quarted singing tree next year,

question

1. where you guys bought here in australia? Btw i know the one in holiday Coro

2. I have no time to install bulbs in it, any where i can buy ready made ? Or can some one make it and i just pay whole a lot ?

I am about 200' from the street.  I purchased 4 of the 24" trees and thought they would be too small.  Used M5 LEDs from HLE... They look perfect.  Remember, it's not the size of your tree but how you light it... :o  :D

• Like 2

I have singing faces and had to go with 1 4ft square and 3 3ft faces because of space.  I kind of like the effect of larger lead and smaller background singers.  At 50ft from street, reduced face size was a nonj-issue with singing faces.

Dropping one tree to keep more impact on the other faces, would come at a cost of having to edit many purchased sequences.  It would maninly be a delete/copy/paste job. You just need to do it in steps and save your edits along the way...making sure it'swhat you want.  This is a pretty straight forward skill to pick up.

If all 3 background singer are in unision, easy job to just delete one.  But if there's a lot of jumping around between them, then a little more of a job to delete and then paste segements from a missing singer, to another singer.

The copy/paste/delete skill is something you will need whether building sequences form scatch of blending "shared" sequences that you get from others.

Of the 35 or so purchase/shared singing sequences I use, guessing 1/2 of them would work by just deleting  1 background singer if needed. The other 1/2, would require moving background singer segements.