Light-O-Rama Forums

First Season Up and Running... and I am addicted...

FirstClassPro

Early Christmas present to myself... 2 LOR controllers and a bunch of lights. All I knew is that I wanted something big in our yard. So up went the 24' mega tree, and I love it!

Only about 5,000 lights this year, but it's a start. We already have upgrade plans for the next 2 years, as well as some designs for Halloween 2015.

We went live for friends and family on Thanksgiving night and the schedule started the following night. Here is our first video of our first season. Thank you to the ones that shared the THX and Griswold sequences. Everything else was programmed by me in the past few weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG2YvBKojhM&feature=youtu.be

Check us out at www.facebook.com/LightsOnBlackChamp

Congrats.  Much better than my first year!  It looks really good.  In eight years of doing this, 5,000 lights and 16 channels turned into 100,000 lights and several thousand channels.  I really don't count anymore.  Welcome to the addiction..  Looks great!

Looks awesome! Congrats on yoir first show. I am trying to run cords around a 5 and 3 year old... Doesnt go as fast as I would like so hoping for tonight! I would love some of the Griswold sequences if you would be willing to share..

Thanks

Roberta

Roberta.j.rieger@gmail.com

Addicted.... what addiction. I'm not out of control. you're just a scrooge. I say Go big or Go even bigger.

Okay Okay..Maybe normal people don't do what we do so I'm thinking about starting a 12 step group in my area for LOR addiction. Calling the Group 12 steps to Creating an electricians nightmare. it's a support Group.  :lol:

MrDJ welcome. your show is really good. If you are like the rest of us once you went live and seen the show was working correctly, thoughts are now on 2015 and new songs and MORE LIGHTS, MORE CHANNELS and RGB!!

YUP you're Addicted.  ;)

It does look great. Hopped on your FB page last night and checked out your photos as well. Fun stuff. It can become an addiction. Just ask my wife. Hahaha. First year here too. :)

Good luck my friend
This LOR stuff is more addicting than cocaine
I started with two controllers - up to 12 now and planning on adding 5 more for next year plus converting a few channels to RGB for my first RGB experience
LOR needs to offer their own credit card - LOL

if you need any sequencing or if anybody has any to offer - email me at klenart@twc.com

• Like 1

Thank you everybody. Y'all are absolutely correct. I am already planning for 4 more controllers for next year. Hopefully I will have some money when the sale comes around next year.

I am still working on some songs and I put up a new one every few days. Up to 7 songs now and 2 smaller animation tracks.

The best feeling for me so far, other than getting to watch our show for the first time with family and friends, was on the night we went live; I saw my first car stop and watch for a while. That made it all worth it.

• Like 2

Thank you everybody. Y'all are absolutely correct. I am already planning for 4 more controllers for next year. Hopefully I will have some money when the sale comes around next year.

I am still working on some songs and I put up a new one every few days. Up to 7 songs now and 2 smaller animation tracks.

The best feeling for me so far, other than getting to watch our show for the first time with family and friends, was on the night we went live; I saw my first car stop and watch for a while. That made it all worth it.

You should check out Holidaycoro.com

Look into going with RGB

Much cheaper overall and a much better show

You can start with RGB "dumb" lights for ease in programing  - - you can program right through LOR S3

gives you much better control of colors plus you will use like 1/10th of the power draw

I am going to convert my entire show and sell all my LOR controllers

• Like 1

• The topic was locked