Light-O-Rama Forums

Whole house transmitter 3.0

oilmoney

I currently have the 2.0 and am looking for a suitable backup, does anybody who has the 3.0 know if it has the secret switch like the 2.0 does?

You mean you haven't heard from enough people yet who've tried and failed with that particular product?

Try the CZH-05B. You'll find it's much much more than a backup the first time you plug it in. And at about half the price of the Whole Room thing.

You mean you haven't heard from enough people yet who've tried and failed with that particular product?

Try the CZH-05B. You'll find it's much much more than a backup the first time you plug it in. And at about half the price of the Whole Room thing.

Thanks, I'm happy with the range and the way the WH2 has worked for me so far, just out of sight of my place for range so I thought I'd replace in kind. I'll have to see if they'll ship that one to Canada. Wicked display too George BTW...

I bought the CZH-05B on the recommendation of many on this site (my first year) and its been awesome so far.  I think I still have to tweak it as it can be a bit 'staticy' but I think that may be because I'm running in 'low' mode. 

I bought the CZH-05B on the recommendation of many on this site (my first year) and its been awesome so far.  I think I still have to tweak it as it can be a bit 'staticy' but I think that may be because I'm running in 'low' mode. 

Check out the Youtube videos on how to set up this unit.  There's one that's about 14 minutes long done by what looks to me like a teenage kid.  Regardless, there's good info there and his recommendations on the settings are about spot on.  FYI - most static is from users "over driving" the unit abd it is actually distortion rather than static.  My sweet spot seems to be with the volume knob on the transmitter pointed at about 11 o'clock with PC volume set just under 35%.  At those settings, I'm transmitting about 1/4 mile in each direction down the street when set to low power mode.

• 3 weeks later...

My 2 cents.  I personally didn't have reception further than 100 feet from my house with the antenna indoors. Until...

I watched the 13 minute described above followed the instructions and put it in H mode, then stuck my antenna outside through a crack in the window and I am now happy to announce that I get 2 blocks away with clear reception.(maybe further thats as far as I drove)  I don't know if it was a single thing but I assume it's a combination of both.