Light-O-Rama Forums

How To Copy Channels

mrpbjnance

Sorry for newbie question.

I am trying to create new sequences or edit some existing ones but I would like to have my channels labeled to what I have in my system.

Is there a way to copy each of the channels and the names?

Thx

Sorry for newbie question.

I am trying to create new sequences or edit some existing ones but I would like to have my channels labeled to what I have in my system.

Is there a way to copy each of the channels and the names?

Thx

Export and Import Channel Configuration

Go to "edit" and all the way at the bottom is export/import channel configuration.. Start by going to a sequence where you have the correct or desired channel configuration and export it. It should allow you to name that configuration. This will save in some LOR folder. Then, when you go into the new song that you want to transfer this channel configuration to, go to edit, then import/export. Select import.. This "should" bring you to the aforementioned folder and your previously saved channel configuration..select it and hopefully all of your channels will update. Good luck!

When importing channel configurations, make ABSOLUTELY SURE that the channel order in both sequences is EXACTLY the same.

Failure to do this can easily result in a person wishing their mother had never given birth.

• Like 1

When importing channel configurations, make ABSOLUTELY SURE that the channel order in both sequences is EXACTLY the same.Failure to do this can easily result in a person wishing their mother had never given birth.

My first attempt at doing this was exactly as you say! And no one offered the advice you gave.

I thought I was doing something wrong.

I had a number of donated sequences that I just gave up on because it was more work "fixing" them than to start fresh. If channel match up, whole different story.