Light-O-Rama Forums

Editing Show..playing from where I left off

mrpbjnance

I am editing my first show.  I want to play from a specific place in the song.. but it always starts at the beginning.. How can I play from a specific spot in a song?

Thx

OK, you said you are editing and only want to consintrate on a certain part of the song. If it is you want to edit so that during a show it starts later, then use audcity to cut off the beginning of the song. But back to editing and want to consintrate on a certain part of the song. Click on "Play" in the upper drop down menu, then "Play Range" and select what works best for you. I personally like to use the "visible screen". Another way would be to highlight the time line above the audio wave form. Then use the space bar to play only the highlighted section.

While editing a sequence and you want to keep starting from a specific point in the sequence go to the top menu Play/Play Range/From Selection, then click in the sequence where you want to start from and hit the play icon. To start from the same location again hit the Play Plus icon.

Just use the space bar to stop it from running. Touch any cell-timing location with the mouse selector, before where you edited, then touch the space bar again. It'll start right there.