Light-O-Rama Forums

Two problems... Channel not dimming and channel on 50%...

zeighty

I searched the hardware forum to no avail.

I have a LOR1602wg3 with a channel that will not dim. On/off, shimmer, twinkle all work fine. No fade up or down.

Also, a CTB16PCg2 with channel 6 on at 50% (guessing- it's dim), but is working during the show (it will dim, fades look fine). LOR Help Desk had me reset controller. Did not resolve.

Have not opened ticket on 1602 yet.

Are these triac issues? If so, I assume they have to be replaced.

Are you using the same type of lights/string on any other channel and if so, does it work there? If not, it might be that you have less than decent LED's on it. Try an incadescent string for test only and see what happens.

LEDs from Hoday Light Express - 2nd year using them. For the channel not dimming it is the same strigs on same channel from last year and worked fine. I will swap lights with another channel to see what happens Monday night before show time. I will also try some incans on that channel.

As for stuck channel I tried incans tonight to see if they would coax the triac to start behaving itself.... It did not work.

Thanks for your suggestion. I appreciate it.

Triads were sent out yesterday. I wished they were socketed (if that's a word). Will have to repair during off season.