Light-O-Rama Forums

Easy question for you uys

SteveFitz

Morning, So my question is, how to I start my show? I have everything hooked up, but my instructions do not say anything about how to start the show.  I have my sequence built, Computer hooked up to LOR and the LED in the controller is blinking green. Where do I go fro here? Thanks guys

Seeing this is my first post also, Ill introduce myself- I'm Steve and lik many of you, I am the Clark Griswald of the street. I am and aircraft mechanic in the AF and I build cars on the side.

there are a few ways to start your show, depending on what you are using..  I will go with "your just using you computer"

start

LOR control panel

right click the light bulb in the bottom right

click show builder and build you show using the sequence's you built, then save your show

right click the light bulb in the bottom right

click schedule editor and add the show to times and days you want it to play

plug your computer in and wait for it to play

You can open status to see what lor is doing when the show starts...

to test, in the schedule editor, start a show now to see if everything works, then set it for tonight

hope this helps

Thanks Casey and Tony. So I did everything and when I checked the status, it said "Error playing media file; Media player cannot find the file. So I searched the forums, found answers, did everything they said to do but still I receive the error message. My understanding is LOR can't find the music. I have it saved in the audio file. Ive done the Edit>Media File>select music and I still get the same message.

Welcome Steve.

I was in the Air Force 6 years then the Air Guard for another 20. AGE mechanic and Aircraft Scheduler/Documentation and & MOC.

Retired from the military and work at FAA. And I work on cars myself.

So just to make sure, you selected an MP3 or Wav file when selecting your media?

This is for each sequence.

Did you run all your sequences first?

Nice career! Im sure it was nice to get off the line and go into an office. Someday Ill get off the line and sit at a desk. FAA, that's a nice gig.

I converted to MP3 and tried again. I still receive the same message. I'm only using 1 sequence right now because I just want to get it working then go from there. Thanks

P.S. My plane gets painted out the in OK I think its near OKC

So do you click open when selecting the mp3 song and it does it's Analyze and Converting thing?

Then you click the play button?

And you still get the error?

Yep, Tinker AFB is pretty close to me where they have a depot for some planes.

Which type of aircraft?

Okay. Does the sequence play in the sequence editor?

KC-10. I love the look of that plane. I was around C-130s most my career.

awesome, glad it started working...  :)

Retired US Army after 20 years...  Air Defense...  we search for planes  ;)

Edited by cowboy casey

Back in the day, I worked F-4s and F105s Inertial Nav and Doppler Radar Nav, then switched to Flight Simulation. After that, got out and went to Space Simulation.

I was at RAF Mildenhall from 85 to 87. Loved the heck out of it. Saw the SR-71 and U2 take off daily. Talk about rumbling the buildings. Awesome stuff.

Edited by Santas Helper

Wow, I use to go to the little shops there outside of the base exchange at Lakenheath. I left there in 84. Yes, saw the SR on display in an airshow. I know the area well!

Wow, I use to go to the little shops there outside of the base exchange at Lakenheath. I left there in 84. Yes, saw the SR on display in an airshow. I know the area well!

Ah yes, the little shops and the local pubs. Did the "Pub Crawl" almost every weekend. B)

I still have my coo-coo clock from the shop there via the Black Forest Coo-coo clock company out of Germany. I use to do some of the antique fairs that were all over the place. Bought an antique sewing machine from a shop in Stowmarket, which I still have here too. Other than the super high costs over there, I loved it, the people and the very high regard they have for the British military people and so on. That country hasn't hardly changed in 400 years...lol but its nice!