Light-O-Rama Forums

No Sound

roha0612

I have bought my first LOR system and created a sequence. I am playing with everything tonight so I can go live on Monday (hopefully). I am able to create a show with the one sequence I have created and the lights work but I have no sound. Currently all I have done is listen from my laptop speakers that are controlling the show. I am sure I am missing something very small.

Are you using a transmitter?

If so is your receiver turned on and volume up?

Are you using outdoor speakers?

We need a bit more information to be able to help you out.

i am using outdoor speakers and the are connected with a jack plug into the headphones on the laptop.

this is working fine but the volume on the laptop must be on.

Sorry, I probably wasn't very clear. I want the sound to come out of my laptop that is running the show but it doesn't. I am not sure if there is some setting that might have allow the sequence to play without sound???

When you connect into the laptop, the hardware disconnects the speakers in the laptop itself. You can't avoid that. About the only thing you can do is connect parallel off the output to the main speakers and run another set for inside.

I have nothing connected into the speakers as I am only testing it right now. There is no sound coming from the laptop speakers and there is nothing connected into the laptop speakers.

Perhaps you need to re install the sound card drivers for your laptop.

Check to see if by accident the sound for the laptop was muted.

Problem fixed. Not sure if it was a simple reboot that did it or if I had the show setup as an animation instead of a music show. Those were the only things that I changed and then it worked.

• 3 weeks later...