Light-O-Rama Forums

How to get purchased sequence to work

Jordan_USN

Hello All,

First, thank you in advance for helping me.

I have purchased sequences online with no instructions.  I just rcvd this for my birthday and didn't think it would be this complicated.  I am playing the Sequences through the SD card.  I have received the files and put them on the SD card but it doesn't work. Can someone please guide this newbie with step instructions? 

I have opened sequence editor and opened file with the media file.  Then when I save it to my SD card it saves three files (lms, lms.lcs and lms.lsv)?

Okay. You will need to put the Sequence file (LMS) into your "Sequences" directory. The MP3 file in your "Audio" directory.

Then you need to open the sequence in the Sequence Editor and "Edit -> Media file" to get the audio file linked up to the sequence again.

After that use the Simple Show Builder or Hardware Utility MP3 tab, to create the show for the SD card, and use on the directors.

when I open simple show builder it is empty and doesn't allow you to browse to find it?  On the show editor I have basic.  Also,thank you for helping me because I am lost.

Edited by Jordan_USN

The simple show builder looks in your default sequences directory, only. If you didn't place the sequence in there, it won't find it.

If you don't know what your default sequences directory is, you could use the Hardware Utility/MP3 tab to create the show. From there you can search anywhere on your computer.

Don, thank you so much!  Using the utility did the trick. I thought this was a plug and play equipment.  I was very wrong.  I have much to learn....  I would like to send you a small token of my appreciation for answering and helping us newbies.  If you email me your address I will send you a little gift.  But again thank you.  I entered this world with little instructions or guide.  And to look at all of the LOR programs is intimidating. 

Best Regards,

Jordan

jbznem@yahoo.com

You can be intimidated or you can set you will to learn many things. I know that this will sound funny, but it can make you feel impowered once you learn how this stuff works. You will get some programming skills, mechanical, and electrical/electronics.

A volt meter and a Kill-A-Watt that you can get at amazon and places Like Home Depot sell these. By plugging in controllers and turning all of the attache lights you can learn how much of a load you have on an outlet and when a 15 amp circuit shows about 12 amps on the KAW. You know when it is time to move on to a new circuit. Also if you have problems popping fuses on a controller you can determine how much of a load you have on it and decide when you need to move some of your display onto a new controller.

READ and READ some more. Lots of good info in these forums. Read back a few pages per each section.  Remember, nothing good is free. Work has its rewards.

i am agree with Max-Paul , i am reading , trying and watching the tutorials on the lor site very often .

this will help you to understand more and more fof the possibileties of the lor system.

Thanks again Paul for helping me with my fuse problem.