Light-O-Rama Forums

Cosmic Color Bulb Starting Pixel Number

legendsfan

I'm trying to use CCB's in the visualizer but confused about how I should assign channels for string 2 connected to a controller. I can only select 1-50 for pixel to start with but if two strings are connected I have 100 pixels.  Both strings are using the same controller ID (5) so how do I define the string 2 in visualizer because I'd assume it would need to start with pixel 51.

I believe you will be assigning each string an ID. At least that's how CCP s are and I believe it's the same for CCB s. Then first bulb on string two will be 1.

I'm not sure if there is a choice to set it up that way but mine isn't setup that way.  One controller gets two strings attached to it.  That means the controller handles twice as many pixels as a CCR (2x50 pixels) which the Visualizer doesn't seem to be setup to handle that.

I think the best way (and maybe the only way) to do this is set the ID in the HU as two consecutive IDs for the CCB- it is one of the choices.

Then set it up as two 50 count strings in the visualizer.

Steve

Like steve said.

In HU you set your unit ID, then select configure, then ccr/ccb, then there will be 3 ID modes (norm, legacy, duel) select duel. your unit will now have 2 IDs. it sets it to the next ID # so if you choose ID 1 your strings will be ID1 and ID2. HU will only show the first ID#.

~Matt

(pretty sure thast right, been a while)