Light-O-Rama Forums

Show Scheduler

Bustluvr

hi I m having problems with my LOR show scheduler turning off at the set time. Laptop time is correct. I tried. clearing scheduler and starting over , still doesn't work. I starts up fine . I have to shut it down manually. Any ideas?????

Left click on the light bulb in the tray and it should tell you when its scheduled to run from and to. I'm thinking you might have set AM instead of PM for your stop time.

How much longer is it playing? I have mine setup to finish playing the current song and then shutdown. Sometimes that is a few minutes after the scheduled show end.

It stays on until I turn it off . As long as 2hrs. I have my show run 6 pm to 1230am. When I first set me show up last year the scheduler worked half way through the season then it stopped turning itself off. I havent been able to figure it out since.

There is a status window available in the LOR Control Panel. You might want to leave that running during show times so you can see exactly what the software is doing.

That status window should tell you when its scheduled to start and stop. I'm now thinking that you running over into the next "Date" might be an issue. Try turning it off earlier at say, 11:59PM and see if it shuts down. It will play the last song, when the shutdown time arrives so expect that.

Ok my light didn't shut off again . I looked at my status it says in several lines in the log, current show is entering shut down mode, stopping animation,stopping animation,ending animation, finish show. Ten minutes later lights still on. Does this help?????

When you end a show, its probably a good idea if you create a cleanup sequence which has all channels in it, run it for like 5 seconds (animation type) then the lights will shut off because they are commanded off. I'm thinking you left them on in the last song, then the show finished and no more commands...therefore the lights are on. Look in the Show Editor for the "Shutdown" tab. Put an empty animation sequence in there. To test it, create a show with this and one musical sequence. Schedule it in the day so you can watch it happen and follow the process in the status window. Just set the schedule to start at an exact time and set to end one minute later. This will allow it to play the one musical sequence, then enter the shutdown mode. During the shutdown mode, it'll run the empty sequence, then all should stop. See if the lights are then off.

When you talk clean up sequence do u mean turn all lights on????  if so I do that now. I run my music shows 6 to 10 pm, then all light stay on from 10 to 1230. Someone suggested i shut it off at 1159am thinking crossing over the next day is confusing the system. Im  going to try that tonight.

Crossing midnight should not be a problem.  I primarily use LOR for landscape lighting and it's on all night - every night.  Shuts off just fine.

I'm going with the suggestion that you have lights left on at the end of the show, so it just leaves them in the last commanded state - on.  As dgrant suggested, create a short animation sequence that has all the channels off.  Add that sequence to the shutdown tab in the show editor.

hi all well tonight my light shut off as scheduled. I have NO idea what i did. it might be a fluke.................. let see what happens tomorrow night