Light-O-Rama Forums

Anyone elses USB drives are breaking?

drums114

Are anyone elses USB ports are breaking?  Meaning when I plug in my LOR usb cable or RDS cable in it is saying windows cannot find the driver, it idoes not work etc...  I have tried restarting, uninstalling the drive, disableing, etc...

I have tried a few different USB ports for the LOR usb cable however only one works and I had to use a USB hub so I could plug in my USB to Serial connector for my RDS on my tuner.  Anyone else have these problems and how to fix?  I don't think the physical USB port is bad....

Edited by drums114

If you change USB. ports you will probably have to unplug, uninstall the drivers. run the cleaner program. reboot  and re-install the driver from LOR, with the cable unplugged. After  the install is complete, then plug in the usb cable and adapter and Windows should detect and install the com port. Don't let windows use the Microsoft version of the drivers.

I think FTclean is on the LOR disk or the website.

Make sure you use the same physical port it for some reason you have to unplug the USB cable. Better yet once you get it working, leave it alone.

• Like 1

Have you downloaded and reinstalled the RS-485 drive from the LOR website? May solve your problem.

I tried that however I still have the issue in that USB port.  If I try the one right next to it, it works fine.  Any ideas?

If you change USB. ports you will probably have to unplug, uninstall the drivers. run the cleaner program. reboot  and re-install the driver from LOR, with the cable unplugged. After  the install is complete, then plug in the usb cable and adapter and Windows should detect and install the com port. Don't let windows use the Microsoft version of the drivers.

I think FTclean is on the LOR disk or the website.

Make sure you use the same physical port it for some reason you have to unplug the USB cable. Better yet once you get it working, leave it alone.

What is FTclean?