Light-O-Rama Forums

Audio Program

resultsads

Like many of us, I'm having issues with audio levels of my songs. One will blast the speakers and the next is too quiet. I know there's an audio program out there that runs ~$30 that processes the audio output to the FM transmitter so the songs are all equal, just can't remember the name. Any help or suggestions?

I'm not familier with the program you're talikg about.

Sorry.

However, Audacity is free.

You can adjust levels with it, but you would have to adjust them one at a time and resave the new file into SE for each sequence.

Thanks for the reply Arch. I have Audacity already, but this program is an equalizer/leveler program that processes all music going out of the computer. Just can't remember the name darn it!

MP3Gain wasn't the name of the program I was thinking, but will check it out. Might be a good solution in case I can't find the name of the other. Thanks Don!

Don, Joe,

I use SD cards and a miniDirector to run my show. So what is saved is what you get.

Do either of you have experience with the software you mentioned to know if it would help this setup?

Is it automatically sound leveling for all media files on the pc,

or is it just when you are actually in play mode for a file that it kicks in to handle the levels?

Or would I still have to treat them individually and save work in SE?

Thanks for your input.

Daniel

Sorry for butting in.

MP3Gain can be used to work on all of the files in a directory.  If you run the program against the Audio folder in your LOR directory structure, all of the files will be adjusted.

Don, Joe,

I use SD cards and a miniDirector to run my show. So what is saved is what you get.

Do either of you have experience with the software you mentioned to know if it would help this setup?

Is it automatically sound leveling for all media files on the pc,

or is it just when you are actually in play mode for a file that it kicks in to handle the levels?

Or would I still have to treat them individually and save work in SE?

Thanks for your input.

Daniel

Daniel,

The program I provided the link for is called Breakaway Audio. This works live so to speak on all audio on your PC.

This program would not work for you on your SD cards. MP3Gain on the other hand works on the files (audio) themselves.

As basis21b noted you can do Batch audio file leveling.Once you run it on the audio folder in Light O Rama the files will be leveled. Then when you copy them over to your SD cards they will be fixed.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info.

I'll try it after I cook this huge whole ham my wife bought. I think I need to get the chain saw out and cut it in half first.

Daniel,

The program I provided the link for is called Breakaway Audio. This works live so to speak on all audio on your PC.

This program would not work for you on your SD cards. MP3Gain on the other hand works on the files (audio) themselves.

As basis21b noted you can do Batch audio file leveling.Once you run it on the audio folder in Light O Rama the files will be leveled. Then when you copy them over to your SD cards they will be fixed.

Hope this helps.

The main benefit for me of the Breakaway Audio is that it works on all file types.  My show contains a mixture of MP3 and video.  Although MP3Gain worked on the audio files, the video files were still quite loud.  I used MP3Gain in the past and it works quite well; I just needed something different this year with the video.

Great info from everyone.

I ran the mp3Gain yesterday. Only 2 songs were more than a few dbs off from the other 14. Since I'm 100% show-time tonight, I didn't redo my sd card. Will just live with it this year. I'm probably the only one that knows anyway....

Will definitely use these programs when building 2015 show. That process starts next week! :P :P