Light-O-Rama Forums

Music works, lights dont

dd92607

I posted ny problem in less detail earlier in a different section of this forum. I think this is the right area to post this so here it goes.

I have a

Light-O-Rama CTB16D - 16 Channel along with a DC-MP3. My dials on the light o rama are set at 0 and 8 and my sequences are unit id 1-16. I have everything hooked up, the music plays but the lights dont turn on at all. It was suggested that I try changing the unit control ID but when I went to do that the LOR hardware said there was a problem setting up the comm port. Are the dials at 0 and 8 correct or is there something else?

Thanks

Make sure everything else is closed but the HU and the show is disabled. I just helped another individual with the same problem about two hours ago.

Your sequences are channels 1-16. You have to assign those channels to 08, as you assigned the controller 08.

From the perspective of the sequence editor the term unit refers to the CTB16D.  The term circuit refers to the channel on the controller.

Since you have chosen to us 08 for the unit id on the controller you are going to have to go into your sequence and assign 08 to the unit entry and then assign circuit 1 through 16 to each of the channels on the controller. 

In this example below I have assigned channel 16 on controller 09 to this line in the sequence editor.

post-113-0-19780400-1416971485_thumb.jpg

Okay. Good. So change your controller unit I.D. to 08 to match your sequence unit I.D.

I misread the post so changed the 09 to an 08. If that's what your channel unit I.D. is then that's what your controller unit I.D. needs to be.

Edited by Santas Helper