Light-O-Rama Forums

UPDATED GAMMA RELEASE Version 2.0.8

LightORamaDan

The 2.0.8 version of the LOR II Gamma has been released

This release contains the following bug fixes:

· The Tapper Wizard's dropdown list allowing you to select the track to use did not work properly, leading to the taps being put into whatever track had been selected at the time that the Tapper Wizard was opened, rather than into the one that was selected in the list.

· The VU Wizard's option to operate on only a portion of the song, as opposed to the entire song, did not work properly.

· Importing channel configuration into a sequence did not mark that sequence as having unsaved changes.

· Communication with the controllers is kept alive during the loading of sequences. This is to fix an issue where, after the loading of a large sequence, the PC would have to resynchronize with the controllers due to communication having been paused. This resynchronization could have taken some time, causing strange effects immediately after synchronization.

· If an error occurs while communicating with the controllers, Light-O-Rama tries to reestablish communications, in the hopes that the error was merely a temporary glitch. However, for certain types of errors, it would not try to do so, leading to the communications being permanently down.

If you are already using the gamma version then you can download the update here: http://www.lightorama.com/downloads/LORUpdate-2.0.8.exe

If you are new to the gamma please go to this link and learn more about the LOR II gamma release: http://www.lightorama.com/LORII_Page.html

Very cool!

Now I hate to ask, but any chance you guys are going to fix that problem with no audio in the startup/shutdown tabs? :)

-Tim

Tim Fischer wrote:

Very cool!

Now I hate to ask, but any chance you guys are going to fix that problem with no audio in the startup/shutdown tabs? :)

-Tim

Dan, are we looking at a about week or less for this fix to come out? Not having the audio really knocks the spit and polish of the show.

Ed

So my solution to the no audio in startup was just to create an additional show with the sequences I wanted to startup and have it run immediately prior to the main show. The only major drawback is that the X10 channels do an off then back on as the transition between shows occur.

This approach has worked well for me.

Regards,

Frank

pHar wrote:

So my solution to the no audio in startup was just to create an additional show with the sequences I wanted to startup and have it run immediately prior to the main show. The only major drawback is that the X10 channels do an off then back on as the transition between shows occur.

That's probably going to be my fallback for the shutdown sequence. But I'll probably just leave the static X-10 channels off for the "shutdown show"-- not ideal, but it would look weird to have them shut off (in several segments), then go on again (in several segments) only to go back off again (in several segments) 30 seconds later.

My other concern is how do I make the shutdown message only happen once? i'm not exactly sure what time the 'real' show will end, since the musical sequence will finish. What I'm considering doing, is making my shutdown audio about 5 minutes long, with the latter 4:30 being silence and no lighting events -- then scheduling the show to run for 5 minutes after my main show. That should catch any variation of how long my main show runs (since none of my sequences are longer than about 4 min), and still only play the message once. Does that sound right?

On the other hand, if a fix were to be coming soon, I'd just wait for it :)

-Tim

Hi Tim,

I think that should work fine. My startup show is about two minutes long (for the sequence to run) but I have scheduled it for a minute timeslot. The real show turns on right on its heels. Given that your idea should work fine.

Come to think of it you just made me realize that my shutdown sequence is probably not working. I hadn't thought about it and I am never watching when the system shuts down for the night.

Looks like I need to experiment with your approach as well :P

Regards,

Frank