Light-O-Rama Forums

Using set up and tear down in your favor

Box on Rails

On November 1st I started taking down the Halloween stuff and hanging the Christmas props. As I was removing a Singing element from the side of the house I noticed something weird in a area of the house that is never exposed from the yard. Termites. SNAP!!!! So over the last week all the lights I aways leave up between the Halloween and Christmas had to come down so they could tent the house. mostly the roof items. As a result, I may be starting up the Christmas show late this year. the house Is getting tented today back in on Wednesday start setting up then. I got to thinking that from now on I will use the setting up and tear down to inspect the house every year for anything that might need to be addressed. Just wanted to share my experience.

Kenny Jure

This is why I over kill my house.

It might be a Hazmat nightmare, but no bugs live within twenty feet of my house and I don't have to hear the wife scream about spiders.

The previous owner had the house termite treated.

So under the house I have a hole drilled every eight inches into the block.

I fill those holes a couple times each year with extra strong mixture of poisons.

I miss the days of the extremely toxic poisons; diazinon and dursban, those killed everything with one dosage.

Now you have to treat often and regularly. 

MikeERWNC

I would be following your lead on this but I live on the left coast where it's easier to find marijuana then it is to find a poison to kill bugs or weeds for home use. 

jagipson

The wooden props were left in the garage and they're getting the treatment too.  ;)

• The topic was locked