Light-O-Rama Forums

2014 Halloween Display - The DC Cemetery

dcdesign

Hi Guys,

Neewby here, but wanted to post our 2014 display.   Its a bit different than most as we went with more of a architectural illumination route to create mood lighting in sync with our "static" display.   Subtle fades and color matching to different background music as well as control of pneumatic animations, foggers, LED spots, projectors, and motor driven effects. 

Check it out and let me know what you think. 

Thanks

Brent

The 2014 DC Cemetery

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gMJIt_Uct1E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Welcome to the forum Brent.

I've been in the pro haunt field since 2003. You have some nice stuff going on there. :)

Love the lighting effects. And have the music.

Tom

Wow, great display. Your lighting is excellent. How do you weather-proof the flying crank ghost? I've hesitated adding one to the display because I'd prefer it be outside like yours.

Tks!

joe

The crank ghost is fairly waterproof except the motor - on that we simply added a small project box that limits exposure but still allows for proper cooling/airflow.  

We also use tulle which is significantly less absorbent (and in my opinion looks way better) than cheesecloth.   Note: the tulle still does get wet and does not look very ethereal - so if you do get frequent rain i'd recommend adding a piece of thin black ABS (4' x 4') or similar material above the crank platform (if exposed) to minimize exposure.

Hope that helps and thank you for the comments!   

The crank ghost is fairly waterproof except the motor - on that we simply added a small project box that limits exposure but still allows for proper cooling/airflow.  

We also use tulle which is significantly less absorbent (and in my opinion looks way better) than cheesecloth.   Note: the tulle still does get wet and does not look very ethereal - so if you do get frequent rain i'd recommend adding a piece of thin black ABS (4' x 4') or similar material above the crank platform (if exposed) to minimize exposure.

Hope that helps and thank you for the comments!

Thanks!! The crank ghost is really good. I think you've convinced me to give it a try.

Joe

• 1 year later...

How do u control pneumatics. What controller? Dc or ac valve? And those jumping ghost behind stones are also pneumatics?

Really great display. A+