Light-O-Rama Forums

Whew, its COLD out there!

Bizywk

I guess we're all not going to get lucky for set-up like we did last year.    

I feel for you guys up in the NW with the record breaking snow and cold.   We're just heading into the cold front this week and already some of you guys are at -16deg f.   They're saying 10min to frostbite, and its still weeks before Thanksgiving.                                 

The Show Must Go On!       What a dedicated group of folks.

I schedule and plan around the weather and got alot done before the cold front came in Sunday night.

If I lived further north, I would start setup earlier knowing the weather changes every year. Hopefully the folks up north prepare for early freezing weather like this.

-1 degree at 10 a.m. in Spearfish, SD.  Put up a few lights before the front came through Sunday night, but I'm nowhere near done.  Yikes. :(

Up here in Alaska we are having almost record highs currently 41 normally low 20s to single digits.

I usually start setup in late September early October, my display is already up and ready to go (it also helps that I was lazy last year and didn't take it down. just turn on the power and hook up the computer) just for fun I am going to be turning it on this weekend.

Have fun in the cold.

Nathan

I would like to keep my display up all year but the severe heat and thunderstorms would probably damage everything I left outside. Not to forget the critters chewing on stuff.

But I can see where it would save some time. LOL

I just moved from PA to GA, so while everyone here is complaining how cold it is, I'm feeling quite comfy...55 in mid-November is a luxury I'm not really used to.  It was probably 73 yesterday, which is about unheard of back home.  I'm putting up my display in sweatpants and a t-shirt.  I'm used to being bundled up.

Edited by Klayfish

we setup some things last weekend in the 60 degree temps to avoid trying it in the 20 degree weather (not counting wind chill).  the rest is just stuff that will sit in the yard and my controllers.

its a balmy 34 this moment here as the sun's going down. Supposedly 23 tomorrow morning. Oh fun. I had mine all set up and done on Monday. Minor fixes on two mini-trees...its ready to run.

29 degrees right now with a wind chill of 16.

Like dgrant, glad I got most done on Monday.

But that's okay. I prefer the cold over the hot summers we have here.

I'm not so much bothered by the cold, although it's far from optimal. 

What really torques me is the 16+ inches of snow. 

We don't have much snow up here in North Dakota but the ground is frozen and I don't know how I'm going to get the stakes for my candy canes in the ground?

Hammer in a metal pipe roughly the same diameter, pull it out and stick the stakes in. Been doing it that way for years up in the northeast

• The topic was locked