Light-O-Rama Forums

Mini Director....HELP!

Buffett65

So...I am jumping in with both feet and am a bit lost. I started with the basic program and 16 channels last year.  It went great so  I purchased the minidirector with MP3 player to run my shows.  Along with that I purchased the SD card which has the 6 sequences on it.  Now I have no idea what to do.  Do I connect the SD card with my computer to check the sequences?  Do I just plug it in to the controllers -- I only have 32 channels and let it rip.....I am a bit confused.  The lights are up...the channels are assigned....I can hook it up as soon as I know what  am doing.  Any help is appreciated.

From what I understand u just plug the card in the mini director and it plays. You do have to run the cat 5 cable from the director to the first controller. But no computer is nessecary with the director

Not knowing what format the sequences on the Showtime Central Plug-n-Show SD Card are in, it's hard to give you a complete answer.

Did the product come with any instructions? Specifically, what you do with the SD card?

Dan had told me there is a process to take the sequences off the card and to put them back on. It was in the showtime director manual as well. I haven't messed with my card much yet

I believe the card you got contains sequences....LMS files. The director can't play them. You have to take them off the card and save them in the sequences folder in LOR on your computer. Them using either the simple show builder, hardware utility etc. build your show and have the program save it to the SD card. Now when you insert the card it will play yht sequences on your show at the times you specified in the order you specified when you built the show.