Light-O-Rama Forums

Fm transmitter stations

aesl1982

So I went to the radio locator website and it told me 99.7 was the best station to use based on my zip code. But in my car I can hear music playing. There are some other stations i found with only static. Would those be the ones to use

As I've been preaching for 7 years now, that radio locator site is more often wrong than it's right.

Get into your car and manually listen for yourself to find a vacant frequency.  Ideally, it will be one where one step in either direction is also clear.  Do this during the day and then do it AGAIN in the evening.

It's your money.  Be smart and you get to keep it.  Be lazy or stupid and it will be going to defense attorneys.

yes this was it
As I've been preaching for 7 years now, that radio locator site is more often wrong than it's right. Get into your car and manually listen for yourself to find a vacant frequency.  Ideally, it will be one where one step in either direction is also clear.  Do this during the day and then do it AGAIN in the evening. It's your money.  Be smart and you get to keep it.  Be lazy or stupid and it will be going to defense attorneys.
by clear do you mean the static fuzz I hear. Would that be considered a clear station