Light-O-Rama Forums

Visualizer Issue

T. Bennett

I apologize if this is a rudimentary issue, but I am at my wits end...

I am attempting to try out SS and am simply trying to import my viz into SS.  I have watched the tut videos several times, but to no avail...

When I import my viz into SS I do not get the horizontal green lines in shows in the tutorial.  I originally though that my original viz was too complicated and SS was just linking everything together, so I created a new viz file that had one eave, and one arch and i still did not get the green horizontal lines.  So what I am missing?

post-6459-0-94194200-1415601356_thumb.jp

I know its late in the game, but considering a jump to SS, but frustrated I cant even get past this step...

Thanks for any assistance.

Those lines are the detection lines. If memory serves, SS reads from left to right, and it's basically first in first out, so to speak. When you click on "Import Visualization" and the pop-up window opens, at the bottom is a section called:

"Maximum Detection Lines (Green lines on the visualization). You can set up to the maximum of 24"

Let me know if this is what you're asking about?

By the way, I really do love Superstar and comes highly recommended by me. You can't go wrong with it, especially if you plan on RGB and/or lots of it. 

Edited by Ron Boyd

That is a bug. Sorry it has caused you so much grief!

The work around to get it to start working is to do the following:

1) launch superstar

2) Click on the File menu and select "import visualization pair"

3) At the bottom of the "Import Visualization Pair" dialog box select "Use Row Visualization while applying standard effects"

4) Click on "Import Visualization Pair"

5) The "Import Visualization" dialog box will appear, just click on the "Ok" button

6) You should now see the horizontal green lines on your screen, if you don't let me know

Brian,

That did work, and was easy.  I appreciate it.  It does seem a little counter-intuitive that the sequencing rows seem to be backwards.  The top row (in my aforementioned example) is the arch and the bottom two are the CCB Strings. The video tut is the opposite where top is top.  Did I miss something else?

If you are using CCRs or CCBs they are always put at the bottom. The reason for this is that if you use a CCR sequence from me (or anyone else) then you can open that sequence and then import your visualization and if your visualization contains a CCR tree then the sequence will play to your visualization unmodified. So in other words, a matrix of RGB lights is always put at the bottom so it can be shared between visualizations that both contain that matrix.

And even if you aren't using a matrix, I find it useful to have all the CCRs and CCBs grouped at the bottom so you can do effects across them easier.

In cases where you have one string of CCRs or CCBs its not an issue, but it still will always place CCRs and CCBs at the bottom

Brian,

Thanks again for the hasty response. I suppose that makes sense.  I think that SS will be the way to go, and just to verify, if I am running:

4 CCB controllers (2 strings each)

4 16-channel Controllers

1 CMD-24d (for Floods)

I think I need the 24 CCR license level.  I am only confused because I understand how it works for CCRs, but if CCBs are 150 channels per string (300 per controller), than I would need the 3600 channels to cover the CCBs and the traditional controllers.  Do I have this right?

You have it correct. You have 8 CCB strings, which is equivalent to 8 CCRs. You could use the 8 CCR license if that is the only thing you want to export. But to export more than that you need the 24 CCR license.