Light-O-Rama Forums

Superstar & nutcracker

Tigerdmd

Can anyone tell me if this is possible and if so, how.

I have some sequences that someone did for me in nutcracker and converted to an lms file. Can these be opened in superstar somehow, so that I can edit them?

Sorry, supestar can export to an lms file, but you cannot go the other direction. In other words, you cannot import an lms file into superstar.

brian when u gonna make this possible?

to transport from sequencer back to superstar  if possible

Edited by john fulkerson

I know nothing about computer programming or anything even remotely involved with something like designing Superstar - but that just seems like an awesome addition to have in the program.

I would love to "go the other direction" but it is very difficult to do. Probably won't happen next year, maybe the next.

In an lms file, everything is just a bunch of channel commands. I could convert them to a lot of scene commands, but then it would be no more easy to edit than in the sequence editor. The only thing that makes it useful is to detect where chases are and convert them to morphs. That is not easy to do. And in nutcracker, I'm sure there are effects that do not directly translate to anything in superstar. I would have to "approximate" things.