Light-O-Rama Forums

Invest in superstar sequencer

uncledan

I recently purchased superstar. After 7 years with light o Rama I thought I was starting to get the hang of it. My background is electrical, not computers or music.. Sequencing is always tough for me. Superstar instant sequencer is amazing. Create a visualizer of the display and it does the rest. Given it needs some help with fine tuning. Regardless you can run instant sequence with superstar and have a better sequenced display than a lot of displays out there. Don't ask for people to share. Create your own with superstar. Just my two cents from someone thats been doing this a while and isn't the best at sequencing.

I have it but have not had a lot of luck with the instant sequencer portion of it. I have tons of computer experience too. Yes, tried a few times, trying various options but it doesn't seem to like me all that well....lol. I get a huge bunch of crashing lights all over the place and everything I try, its always similar. Yes, I know that its probably just that I need to sit down and really pay close attention to Brian's instructions on its use. Sort of waiting to see the newest software that has yet to be released by LOR. Too late for this year anyway.

• Like 1

I'm a bit with dgrant on instant sequence. Although I do have about a 40 second I.S. in one of my songs this year. Most I.S. seems a bit blinky for my tastes.

Superstar I love however. Gonna have to upgrade to the 40 CCR license for next year however - just a few channels short of my 3600 channel limit this year (and I sequence my 1080 channel pixel star in SE, not SS).

I agree somewhat.  It is a bit blinky.  It worked really well with my 48 mini trees that run the perimeter of my property.  Back and forth motion with fades.  I have found it works best to run the sequencer until you find a desired result for each component of display.  Not as a whole display.  I have saved 15-20 sequences per song and pick and choose from each. I posted in newbies because many newbies would be fine with blinky flashy lights that instant sequencer provides in minutes.  I know I would've my first few years.... 

Love I.S., just have to spend the time to fine tune it, you really have to get into the timing portion  especially the sensitivity and length of effects options. Granted final tweaking in Sequencer is nearly always mandatory,

chandalen,

SuperStar is wonderful whether you use Instant sequence or not.  I don't even want to think how much longer it would take me to sequence some of what I do just in the Sequence Editor.  As I said in an earlier post, I don't use I.S. much, but love Superstar.

I have a controls and music background so I hand-craft my sequences. No IS. I don't even rely on the Beat Wizard. I just use the tapper wizard with music at half speed.

Anything with a swinging beat, tempo changes or a slow tempo (some classical music) just gets screwed up by automatic beat finders.

It's tons of extra work, but it really shows that you spent the extra time, when your lights switch musically in-time.