Light-O-Rama Forums

Halloween pneumatics

sax

Ok, now that Halloween is over time to start planning for next year.

My number one item to add next year is a casa fear zombie ground breaker.

Now, I have had the zombies built for 2 years now and I have been using them static. But now it is time to scare people. I need to add some air cylinders.

Monsterguts used to sell the complete kits. But they were a little pricey at $180 but it included everything but air and the on signal. On signal of course will be LOR AC controller. I have a compressor. I don't have the air cylinders.

Does anyone have a supplier they have used in the past? 2 inch throw double acting if I remember the terminology. Basically I want to control both directions with air.

Thanks,

Sax

for cylinders you can also use the hyd. door closers the small ones that are cylinder many people use on screen doors etc. so they do not slam shut and modify them to use air. 

I saw a u tube vid on it but do not remember where,

for cylinders you can also use the hyd. door closers the small ones that are cylinder many people use on screen doors etc. so they do not slam shut and modify them to use air. 

I saw a u tube vid on it but do not remember where,

I did this very same thing many years ago (back in 1993) for a witch to pop out of the bushes AND a stand up coffin that the door swung open. I used a clothes washer valve to control the air (on and off).

Both props were still working when I sold them in 2011, almost 20 years later. Didn't have to replace anything. I was totally surprised.

So a storm door cylinder from the harware store and a used water valve from a clother washer, an adjustable valve to adjust the outgoing air pressure (kept from the prop crashing back to it's resting position) a little tweaking and poof, jumping out prop.

Very cheap, very effective and lasted forever.