Light-O-Rama Forums

Anything new for 2014?

WayneKremer

Brian, we know that LOR is likely not to come out with anything for 2014, but what are the plans for SS?  It's been mighty quiet for most of the year on both fronts...

There should be another release before the end of the year. In the release will be:

1) Wrapped Tree Feature

2) Choose 1-8 custom colors in Instant Sequence

3) New trigger type in Instant Sequence that is designed to work better for visualizations

4) Ability to have a "PreRamp" as well as a "PostRamp" for Image Actions

5) Sequencing grid maximum length increased from 200 to 310

6) Max detection lines for an imported visualization increased from 24 to 36

4) Bug fixes

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The wrapped tree feature is in v3.12.0. If you do not have v3.12.0 you can get it by going to www.lightorama.com and click on "Support" then click on "S3 Download" then click on the "Download Now" button.

If you have v3.12.0 click on the "Tools" menu and select "Create Wrapped Tree Visualization..."

Brian,

I'm scratching through this very expensive hobby on a small fixed military income and have been holding off buying SS, programming our RGB strips by hand in SE all year, waiting patiently for the big new S3 software release. That way I didn't spend $400 on SS then get tagged on the other side for the SE upgrade too.   Problem is, the SE upgrade has been promised for many months with no light at the end of the tunnel right now and we're already into prime programming season for the 2015 shows. 

Do you think I'll be eligible for the free SE upgrade when it finally comes out if I bite the bullet and buy the SS license now? 

I don't really keep up on LOR's policies concerning software upgrades. And I can't comment on when the next release will be because I really don't know. What I do know is they won't release it until they get all to work.

But I can comment on the SuperStar license. There is no need to rush getting the superstar license unless you have your actual lights set up and want to export sequences to play to your actual lights. The free demo version is functional in every way except that you can't export sequences to the sequence editor. This means you can write sequences and save them in superstar format using the free demo version.

In the next few months I plan on making several video tutorials, wrapped tree will be one of them.

I don't really keep up on LOR's policies concerning software upgrades. And I can't comment on when the next release will be because I really don't know. What I do know is they won't release it until they get all to work.

But I can comment on the SuperStar license. There is no need to rush getting the superstar license unless you have your actual lights set up and want to export sequences to play to your actual lights. The free demo version is functional in every way except that you can't export sequences to the sequence editor. This means you can write sequences and save them in superstar format using the free demo version.

In the next few months I plan on making several video tutorials, wrapped tree will be one of them.

Well i think you just answered one of my question, so i can save it as a SUP file then as soon as i get the upgrade i can re save it as LMS file. Perfect. Question 2 Brian, I use another program to run my show, not LOR, I convert the LOR file into another file, do i need to upgrade my LOR license when i upgrade my SS license to the 24CC or can i just keep the Basic license? 

The LOR license and superstar license are independent of each other so you should be able to keep your Basic license and just upgrade the superstar license.