Light-O-Rama Forums

New error I've not seen before

out2lunch44

As per usual always something I've forgotten or it's something new that's been added in superstar when I change the configuration on my networks 6 ribbons on each auxiliary network when I click ok it says that the star unit ID must be within the range of the first and last unit ID of on of the networks Your star unit ID is 01 this means that 01 must fall in the range of one of the networks. Problem with all of this is I have the star in use checked no. 6 controllers on aux A 6-0B. 6 controllers on aux b 0C-12.

Yes, that is a bug in the program. The workaround is to set "Star in Use" to "Yes" and in your case set the unit ID of the star to 6 and then set "Star in Use" to "No"

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Brian, I've got a similar issue - updated to newest software the other day - try to set Star Unit ID to '02' and 12 x ccr from unit ID 03-0E (same as all previous sequences I have) on 2 new sequences I have purchased and an error message comes up same as above - I have turned the star 'OFF' in order to be able to get it to run on the ccrs temporarily. Can you please advise how to resolve this - I don't want to re-program all sequences with new CCR unit ID's just so the star can work on unit ID 6.

I connected the network to the computer and ran the hardware editor wondering if nothing needed confirmation of what unit IDs are available and all 14 unit IDs show up properly (2 x 16 channel units ... 01 and 02) and 12 x ccr (03-0E) 

The two problems described seem different to me. sales@spaparts.com.au, what version of the software did you have before? What version are you running now?

Using the most recent release 3.12.0, I just tried the following settings in the configuration dialog box and it did not give me any error when clicking on Ok.

Star in Use - Yes

Unit ID of Star Controller - 02

Unit ID of First Ribbon Controller - 03

Standard Network  First = 01  Last = 0E

Exactly what settings are you using?

Hi Brian yes I have 3.12.0 - not sure the version I had before but was current 12 months ago.

All settings are as per your info above except that I have Standard network - Unit ID of first - 03, unit ID of last 0E. I have used this setting on approx 8-10 other SS sequences last year - I'm guessing setting the first at 01 covers the 16 port LOR boxes prior to the CCR's but I've had no issue running / setting with 03 as the first unit before?

Has something changed?

I just exported sequences and used the Sequence Editor to add Star channels instead so I can get it running for tomorrow night.

The older versions of the software did not check that the unit IDs set were valid. The new version does check that all the information in the configuration dialog is valid and makes sense. However, all of the sequences that you have already exported and are running fine do not need to be changed.

The check for valid unit IDs only happens when you click on the OK button in the Configuration dialog box. So it does mean that if you open the Configuration dialog box to change any unit IDs then you must now set the first and last unit ID of the networks to something that will contain the star unit ID and all the ribbon unit IDs.

Thanks Brian, makes sense. I had previously been under the impression the unit ID range was just for the ones associated with CCR strings. Thanks for clearing that up, I'll be able to sort it for a trial run tonight now. Was panic stations initially when it wouldn't allow config settings!!!