Light-O-Rama Forums

super start sequencing with just regular mini lights on LOR

Old Sarge

I was told that I can make instant sequences for LOR without having ccr, ribbon lights etc.  lights etc. that I can use on LOR.

I am thinking of upgrading to the super star sequencer if that is possible. I am a newbie and right now just run 32 channels with advanced license,  but hope to have 48 before Christmas.

I will be getting super star sequencer if it will help me make sequences to use with regular mini or led lights strings etc.

any advice is appreciated.

retired_old_sarge@yahoo.com

Yes, you can do instant sequence on regular lights that are not CCRs. For best results you should make a visualization of your light display and then import it into SuperStar. If you don't want to take the time to make a visualization you can click on "tools" and then select "Create Quick Visualization" and superstar will create a quick visualization that represents your controllers. There are video tutorials on this, go to the lightorama main page, click on Support and then click on Video Tutorials. The SuperStar tutorials are at the bottom. The ones you may be interested in are:

Instant Sequence on a Visualization

Instant Sequence on All Your lights

Creating a Visualizer Visualization for SuperStar

Importing a Visualizer Visualization into SuperStar

Remember that one CCR license is 50 RGB channels or 150 total channels. With 48 channels you will only need one CCR license.

I use ss for RGB, CCR, and standard channels. Instant sequence is nice but does take some work. Most of the time it does not come out the way you want it first time.

I have tried different groups of elements in ss at a time to create more pleasing instant sequences. It is possible but it might take a little time.

Also, ss reduces sequencing from se quit a bit. If you take a little time and learn ss it will pay off in the long run. What I am trying to say is don't just use ss as an instant sequencer. It has so much more value than just that.

Lastly, you can use ss at any time without a license. It is full use up to the point of export. So you can freely try now and determine if it meets your needs.

I am a big fan of ss and hate sequencing in se now. My initial thought was that the instant sequence would help me....and it does...but really my normal sequencing is so much better now that I rarely use instant sequence. In fact not once this year.

Good luck Sarge.

• Like 1

Thank you all for your answers. I do not know yet if I will get it or not. I haven't learned how to use the visualation yet so it seems like it would be better for me to learn that before going to the added expense.

again..

thanks to all who answered my question..

What I like about the instant sequencing is you can select a portion of a song and just do IS on that part.

IMO, that is #1 for making IS sequences look "good."