Light-O-Rama Forums

Show Issues-Plays previous show

godman

On my Office PC, I created a show transferred the show (sequences, music etc) via external hard drive to my laptop scheduled it and it played fine the first night, Started and shut off as scheduled.

I then made some tweaks to the show, Created a NEW Show in Show editor on my Office PC, transferred it again to the laptop but when I did a show on demand to see the changes it played the show from the previous night, the status display showed it was playing the new show I created, the scheduler was set up with the new show but kept playing the old show, I then started playing around with everything and it finally worked. However; I don't know what I did to get it to work as I was frantically trying to make it work

I go outside again today with another new show I created on my office pc, transferred to the laptop choose show on demand and it played the show from a couple night s ago as well, is a show being cached in my laptop somewhere?

When I transfer the folder onto the laptop I do just put the folder on the desktop to run the show, I just cant figure out why it plays a show from the previous night (or earlier) when everything points to the new show I created,

Thoughts?

I've not seen that yet but sitting here thinking...yeah, might get me into trouble, is the show the same name as the night before? If so, just the sequences within are different so nothing should change except the sequences. Now if the show is different such as the sequence of the sequences being played, did you save the new one version and if so under the same name or a new name? If its a new name and if you are using the scheduler, you'll need to delete the old scheduled shows and re-schedule the new show. Other than all that, I have no clue. I use the same show name and just update the sequences within and so far, fingers crossed, no issues. 

My first thought was simply why not make the show changes on the show computer?

Aside from that, I would delete all schedule files and show files before copying things over. I'd then look in the schedule editor to make sure it is reading the schedule correctly.

I have tried creating the new show on the laptop, same issue, I could certainly make the changes on the show computer (laptop) but I prefer doing it on my 2-24" displays while at work. besides that; I'm trying to figure out why its happening, I hate sequencing on a laptop, 17" screen is just to small for me (bad eyesight, getting old :P plus I cant stand windows 8)

I deleted everything off the laptop and it is now reading the correct show. I would just like to know if anyone else has had this problem.

Blessings!

Just FYI, the system runs from the ProgramFiles directory and LOR sub, so if there's caching going on, that's where it is.