Light-O-Rama Forums

CMB24D Controller and Flood wrong color?

eamitche

Please excuse me for any wrong terminology.

Testing everything I purchased from the summer sale. I purchased: 8 of those floods and 1 CMB24D controller.

I tested 2 floods on each output with no issue. Tested a 3rd and it produced incorrect colors on ouputs 1 and 2 did not check other outputs. Checked a 4th flood and it produced incorrect color on 1 and 2 but was correct on 3-8.

Any suggestions on whats going on with 1 and 2?

What colors are right? which colors are wrong? It could be as easy as having the wires crossed on the board. Suggest you run a test running just the three primary colors on each flood and narrowing down what is wrong.

You need to clarify what you did a little better to get some help. Were you in hardware utility? All outputs/channels on the cmb24d have rgb and +/black. Make sure they are all wired correctly. Run tests in hardware utility to verify each color works correctly. A little clarification and someone far more knowledgeable than myself will jump in and help.

On 1.13, 1.14, 1.15 all on gives me a pinkish-purple (should be white correct?)  all off gives me green. 1.14-1.16 all off gives me blue.

All connections appear to be fine.

Connects all appear to be correct.

Are you sure you have your channels set up correctly?  Those numbers don't sound right for outputs 1 and 2.

Edited by Rayburn

Lets take this one step at a time. 

Power Off and Cat 5 Disconnected from Board.

Disconnect all the floods.

Check the power from the 12V supply is connected to both sides of the board and the polarity is correct.

If you have been seeing the board in the Hardware Utilty we can assume, I hope, that the RS 485 adaptor is connected properly and the drivers are installed.

Take one pigtail and connect the black wire to the + terminal NEXT to Number 1

Connect the red wire to the R terminal number 1

Connect the Green wire to Number 2 Green

Connect the Blue wire to Number 3 Blue

Connect the Cat 5

Plug in a flood to the pigtail

Power On And start the HWU

Turn on 1,2 and 3 in turn and should get Red Green And Blue respectively.

All 3 at 100 % should be very bright white.

Power down and plug in the other floods one at a time to see if they all work.

The connections look ok but you appear to have extensions added.

Are you sure THEY are fabricated properly.

We are experiencing unexpected behavior and you need to systematically determine the cause.

Connect one flood at a time to one output and verify. Then narrow it down from there.

The one in 13, 14, 15. I first tested the flood in this location. then 16,17,18. It acted odd on both. Other floods tested in those locations correclty. I fear plugging that flood into any other location now to test it. Could a "bad" flood damage the board?

I have tested other floods that work properly on other chans  in this "bad" chan and get the same results. Appears the problem is in the chan. the chan worked fine when I tested the a couple floods beore it.

Edited by eamitche

I misunderstood. I thought only that flood was acting up.  If any flood does the same on that channel (but acts correctly on other channels), you are definitely having an issue with the channel.  If the bad flood caused the issue, I don't think I'd be using it anywhere.

If it works fine with other lights... The channel is fine. Don't need to worry about warranty of the controller. Just don't use the flood. I'm sure LOR will warranty the flood since its new.