Light-O-Rama Forums

can't get lights to operate with song

csh51031

I recently bought a residential series 16 channel starter pack it came with the show time software suite 3.11.2 I have gone thru the hardware page and lights will turn on that way but will not operate in the sequence editor ar anywhere else I have windows 7 operating systems any adive will be very helpfill

Thanks chris

If the lights are working in the Hardware Utility (HWU) then we can assume that the drivers are installed correctly and you are getting communication with the controller.

In the LOR world, only one application can control the com port at a time. Thus if you open the HWU first, then try to open the Sequence Editor (SE) the SE won't be able to control the com port, as the HWU already has it. Shut down both programs, and then open the SE. You should see a small blue box at the bottom right of the page. If you do, then the lights should work. Make sure that "Control Lights" is checked under Play in the SE.

2 questions.

1) It is a licensed version of the software, right?

2) Assuming that you left the controller to its default 01 address, are your channels in the sequence configured for UnitID 01? 

Go to Tools -> Channel Configuration and make sure that "Unit" is set to 01.

You'll also want to double check with the HWU that the controller is set to 01.