Light-O-Rama Forums

Overlay a fan over a scene

fulldeck

Looking for a little help.  It's my first time sequencing CCPs and still learning so I apologize if this is a dumb question.  I want to create a candy mint type effect on my tree (16x25 CCP) and was thinking I could drop a round white scene in the middle of the tree and then add a smooth fan effect over the top of it but it appears the scene takes precedence and blocks out the fan.  Is there a way you can layer one over the other (ie bring forward or push backward) without having to resort to morphs or multiple scenes?  

In addition, it would be great to be able to bounce it around if you have suggestions on how to do this as well (I haven't really played with images yet so it is possible that is part of this solution).

Thanks,

Shane

Unfortunately there is no "layer" support in SuperStar right now. I hope to do that next year. Right now realize that Red, Green, and Blue are each different channels and if put a green morph on top of a red scene, then the red and green will mix and you will get a yellow morph.

Also, when two effects tell the same channel to do something, I call it a "channel collision."  When a channel collision occurs, the effect that turns the channel on for the longest period of time is the one that will get used, the shorter command from the other effect will get ignored. So that is why the scene is taking precedence, it is because the scene is turning the channels on for a long period of time whereas the fan is creating a series of short commands.