Light-O-Rama Forums

Cell info display bug?

Mark Steele

I just noticed a problem in LOR II relating to viweing cell info. For example, if I create a fade up from 0-100% over a 1 second duration with .10 timing, I see the following when I view the cell info for part of the fade
LOR2_fade.JPG

Every cell in the fade displays the same info for the fade. LOR 1.61 would always display the correct info for that cell:
LOR1_fade.JPG

This has become a problem for me when editing long fades when I need to match the current intensity setting for a cell in the middle of a fade.
Has anyone else noticed this or am I missing something?

Mark

That's the way it was intentionally designed, but I agree that it would be nice to show the additional information that you're pointing out is missing.

The reason it's the way it is now is because (as opposed to LOR I) there's no longer a one-to-one correspondence between cells and events. An event could be stretched over many cells (as it is in your case), or a cell could contain many events.

bob wrote:

That's the way it was intentionally designed, but I agree that it would be nice to show the additional information that you're pointing out is missing.

The reason it's the way it is now is because (as opposed to LOR I) there's no longer a one-to-one correspondence between cells and events. An event could be stretched over many cells (as it is in your case), or a cell could contain many events.

I haven't tried this, and I'm at work so I can't now, but I"m guessing a workaround is to abort the fade (by turning the mid-cell off), then viewing the cell info, since LOR would then have to convert it to a shorter fade?

I hope what I'm saying is clear -- hard to describe in "words" vs. Pictures"...

-Tim

Thanks for the reply Bob. I figured it had something to do with the new format. I'll guess I'll just have to work around it.

Mark

Tim Fischer wrote:

I haven't tried this, and I'm at work so I can't now, but I"m guessing a workaround is to abort the fade (by turning the mid-cell off), then viewing the cell info, since LOR would then have to convert it to a shorter fade?

I hope what I'm saying is clear -- hard to describe in "words" vs. Pictures"...

-Tim

Great idea Tim. In this case I went one cell to the right, turned it off and displayed the desired cell's ending level.
LOR2_fade2.JPG

Thanks,

Mark

Tim Fischer wrote:

Great, glad it worked, and glad that you were able to decipher what I meant...

Since the software is already doing the interpolation to get that value, hopefully it would be easy for the gurus to add this to the display window...

-Tim