Light-O-Rama Forums

Repeating chase

Softball Shawn

Is there a way to use the chase tool and get it to repeat? Let's say I am programming a mega tree to to just spin round and round with 16 channels. So I toggle on the first and chase it down to channel 16.

But how do I loop that to restart the chase back at channel #1?

I obviously know that I can copy and paste but it can be a little tricky restarting in the exact place that it would need to restart the chase. Am I missing something simple?

I understand your request.   I too asked for this to be part of the chase tool.     Maybe submitting to the wishlist will get noticed for next year.    In the meantime.    

Sometimes you need to carefully check the ending cell for the chase to make sure its the right one.   There is no by cell option like the paste tool has.  So if its important that the chase increments stay with the beat, count the cells.   

Check out the paste multiple option too.    One thing I do is copy an extra cell into my clipboard as a place holder.  Then I can use it as a visual queue.

Use the repeat button.... the one that looks like an arrow going in a circle.  Hight light the section you want to repeat... press the button,each time you press it the highlighted part of the sequence is repeated. 

WOW Jim I have seen that button there and I have never used it or known what it was for :rolleyes: this would and will save some time on certain things wish I would have known this sooner o well I suppose that's what happens when your a second year newbie :wacko:

I believe this is one of the times during the year where I'm scheduled to chime in and say that if you're serious about using the sequencing software, whether it's for 16 channels or 1600 channels you really NEED to check out each and every menu item, button, side bar, drop down, etc.  Every one. Spend an hour playing around with a volunteer sequence and see what everything does. 

Yeah, yeah, I know you're busy - so am I.  But I flat out GUARANTEE you'll save at least that much time on your sequencing just tonight!  Guaranteed!  Foreground/background/fill/repeat/paste multiple/stretch-to-fit ... the list is lengthy with tools that each and every one is guaranteed to save you more time than it takes to learn of their existence.

Edited by George Simmons

Ditto what George said. 

The tools in the LOR software are huge time savers. Highlight a group of cells and hit the + sign on your number pad. Be amazed. :)

Use the repeat button.... the one that looks like an arrow going in a circle.  Hight light the section you want to repeat... press the button,each time you press it the highlighted part of the sequence is repeated. 

While this button is helpful, it does not address the specific issue that I am looking to alleviate, The repeat button does exactly that, it repeats the chase. It does not continue the chase. There is a 'stutter' from the last cell in the chase to the restart of the next. 

Shawn,

Not sure if this will help you with your problem but give this a try.

Copy your original chase Use paste from foreground and paste the chase in the block where your first chase ends.

See if that gets rid of the stutter you mention.

I must admit, I used the + sign today for the first time and I was amazed.  Saves so much time as compared to select-copy-paste/paste multiple.  I can hold down the + key and go as far as I want.  Or I can press it until I get as far as I want.  Much easier than guessing how many times I need to paste multiple. 

One question, is there a short key to paste vertically as well?