Light-O-Rama Forums

Building a CCR tree

manitoutheos

Was wondering if anybody built a tree using chicken wire? I thought this would be helpful that by using this it would make it less attracted to winds grabbing it and damaging it. Also when building the tree how far apart should the ribbons be apart both top and bottom? I would appreciate any and all help.

Don't think I'd use the chicken wire. CCR's are pretty fragile, and should be supported there entire length. They don't take flexing well, and if you had any wind working on an unsupported ribbon, don't think it would live long.  

I don't have my tree set up yet, but recall it was 2in between on the top and 12 on the bottom. There are lot's of posts on this, just do a search. I think 12 between on the bottom is pretty standard, but some people space the top to line up with the bottom legs on a top star.

I used something similar, 3/4" steel banding and treated 2x4s, the stuff that you use to support the drain under the sink. It's worked well so far but it's only been one season....

If you wish to see the finished product.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-YHzCnPjbA

Do you have a extra copy of program you used? I really like the color scheme you used. Many of the ones I have seen use 3-4 colors and they are kind of bland.

Do you have a extra copy of program you used? I really like the color scheme you used. Many of the ones I have seen use 3-4 colors and they are kind of bland.

I'm not sure as to what you're referring to...check this out if you want the sequence...http://superstarlights.com/Sequences/Purchase.php