Light-O-Rama Forums

Using strobes

aesl1982

Got a questions about strobe lights. I see them with c9 sockets on them. So the question is do I just replace a c9 bulb with a strobe and it flashes anytime that strand does. Or is there a better way to do the strobe lights

I was thinking about adding them on the roof line a the corners of the house, but kinda thinking it may become "too much" if it flashes everytime the roofline lights flash. 

Create a string just for strobes and give them their own channel to operate on. Buy some SPT wire to run between them.

Wire--->strobe---> wire----> stobe

You can make the lengths between whatever you want.

I agree if you just put them in a string with lights they will flash to often.

yah thanks didn't think about that, I have plenty of spt1 laying around ill just get some sockets and there we go.

Yep, I had plenty of left over C9 cable when I got rid of the Incadescents...I used those and made seperate channels for all the strobes...100 of them  (4 seperate channels) ...its never to much when its done at the "right: time...the guy that won  the Crazy light contest and won 50K...he had 2400 strobes!

Edited by ezimnow

One thing to keep in mind is most of the time we're just making extension cords. If you are putting the socket onto the spt cord, you are NOT fused with a standard vampire plug. 99% of time, no biggie. However, to be safe, I started buying fused vampire plugs for my spt made stringers. Still use the standard for my extension cords. Only place I have found them in stock is with Action Lighting. Including shipping was only $30 for 24. Cheap insurance. Their web-site wasn't working for ordering, so had to call them. Had them in hand the same week I ordered.

Just my thoughts.

Action Lighting

1-800-248-0076

Part # 100SPT1PLUGWM-F

$9.49 bag of 12 plugs with extra fuses

I think rather than J you meant either U or C.

The U-tube strobes have a larger/longer xenon tube, resulting in a generally brighter flash.

Stay away from led strobes. The dont give the pop that xenon strobes do. The leds really just blink

Stay away from led strobes. The dont give the pop that xenon strobes do. The leds really just blink

The LED strobes may be better in certain situations. You should experiment with small quantities first.